The Cowboys Leagues Club was originally founded to coincide with the introduction of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys Rugby League Football Club to provide a social home for team supporters to promote, foster, fund and encourage aims and objectives of the Cowboys Rugby League Football Club.
The Club first traded between 1995 and 1998 within the western stand area of what is now known as 1300 Smiles Stadium. However, the locations inability to sustain a competitive licensed club led to its closure. In June 2001 the club reopened for trade in the current Flinders Mall premises.
The club exists today for the very same purposes for which it was founded. However the club has also embraced a broader community support approach not limited to the game of Rugby League. The club recognises its role within the community and its ability to support community organisations across a broad range of categories including sporting, charitable, service and education.
These values are highlighted within the clubs mission and commitment statements:
Our people, our team, our community
The Cowboys Leagues Club is committed to the successful and ethical operation of a first class entertainment facility, to maximise benefit to our key stakeholders:
Members, patrons, employees, business partners
North Queensland Cowboys Rugby League Football Club
The community of North Queensland
FUTURE OF THE CLUB
In December 2008 the Club announced plans to relocate to a new $25 million premises at Mount Louisa. After extensive research and surveying of members it was revealed to satisfy growing demands of the 20,000 plus members a new location had to be found.
Although the new site is a while away yet the aim is to deliver better services and more facilities to all members of the Club. The Club is also now examining options to maintaining a CBD presence to service members living in and around the city heart.